Friday, July 9, 2010

New Republic (formerly Def-Star)

(NOTE: This is a slightly edited repost. Originally I told you about Def-Star. That company closed and the production manager, Steve, opened New Republic. So I share... again.)
Let's have a little clarity.
There's a designer who is creating the artwork for your band's t-shirt. This designer is also going to "do you the favor" of finding a t-shirt printing company who can print your 1-color, 1-sided shirts art the "low low cost" of just $7 a shirt..maybe $6. 2-sided at about $9-$10. Then there's shipping and handling...set-up charges...and other things you have to consider.

Don't take that designers word for it. Make sure you make the agreement that you will purchase the design..all of the files and everything that is associated with it... and find your own printer.

Then go here:
20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic

It's where this designer will likely go... and make some extra money off of you.

20 shirts for $100 = $5 a shirt.
No shipping... no set-up charges... no extra costs.
New Republic Printing. It's what DIY folks in the know use.

Now you know too. Tell 'em Sean Claes with INsite Magazine sent ya. Why? Well.. I get a few bonus shirts every time someone drops my name... and I could use some new shirts.

Heck.. if you send me your band t-shirt (XL) I'll likely wear it. I like to promote smart DIY bands. Just visit INsite's Website for our address.

That's the Outlaw way.

No comments: